Friday, November 6, 2009

Thanksgiving For the Gift of the Imagination

LORD,

Thank you for the gift of the imagination, the psychic place where our minds meet your future. I ask for the grace that you might lead me more deeply into my imagination, that I might act from that mysterious place of truest freedom.

Help me to trust that my imagination is the path to reality,
Help me to accept this truth and to live it as creatively as you breathe life into me.

I ask that my plans bubble up from the peace that is you,
a peace that is rooted in a justice which melts my fears away.

Help us to be real.
Help us to make decisions that liberate communities through the progress of the personal, the most authentic tendencies of the human heart, redeeming glimpses of the Trinity.

Help us to know ourselves in honesty and humility, so that we might have the serenity to accept our limits and the courage to act from conviction.
Help us to reject the false humility of self-hatred.
Help us to believe in ourselves, in our dreams, and in the gift of your vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment